Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mission Accomplished

Bless Tyler's heart. He was such a trooper today as I toted him all around town on errands while Lydie stayed home with Noni and Poppy and napped.

That little guy was an angel while we went to the pharmacy, the bank, ate lunch, dropped off paperwork for Lydie's therapy, and, finally, scoped out another potential birthday party location for Lydie's first birthday.

He was awesome all day, and the last stop was such a treat for him. And for me, as well, because I totally secured Lydie's birthday party!! I'm so excited!

We have two soft playrooms near our house, which is so great because they're the perfect place to take toddlers when you just need to get out for a little bit. We've only been to the one at Lee Rec. Center because that's where our playgroup most often goes, so, today, we tried the one at Chinquapin Rec. Center.

It was fabulous! It was almost exactly like the one at Lee Rec., but Chinquapin offers a better deal when it comes to birthday parties. I'm all for a better deal.

In fact, I'm getting a two hour birthday party for less than $100. I can't even believe that's possible. Of course, that doesn't account for the invitations and tableware and cake and snacks and drinks and party favors, but after putting down more than double that price for each of Ty's last birthday parties, less than $100 sounds as close to free to me as one could get!

Besides the price being right, it's the perfect set up for a first birthday party with lots of crawlers, almost walkers, new walkers, and a few runners in attendance. Moms and Dads will be able to put their little one down and not panic over what he or she is touching or picking up or inserting into his or her mouth. It will make the parents at the party have to do a lot less work and have a lot more fun. Win-win.

Tyler was my guinea pig today and he smiled and laughed for the whole 30 minutes we were in the playroom. I've only taken Lydie to the soft playroom before, so this was a new concept for him. With no other kids in the room during the time we were there, he thought he'd died and gone to playroom heaven! He gave the place an A+!

So, our birthday mission is accomplished. We are hoping Lydie will have an amazing first birthday celebration.

**On a sad note--our dear neighbors from Louisiana, Mrs. Norma and Mr. Gordon have been such precious treasures in our lives from the moment we were privileged enough to meet them. Mrs. Norma called me today to let me know that Mr. Gordon had passed away Monday night. We are just devastated. Thankfully, Mr. Gordon is in Heaven now. He had been in the hospital since Christmas Eve. If you would, would you lift a prayer or two up for Mrs. Norma? She and Mr. Gordon were married for more than 50 years, and I can't imagine how lonely she must feel to not have him beside her any longer. They shared a beautiful life and a beautiful love. We are so, so thankful to have known Mr. Gordon and so glad we were able to visit with them last year when we traveled back to Shreveport/Bossier. God bless them both.**










"No, Mommy. I do it."
That's the phrase that pays around here these days. Today, Mr. Do It Himself didn't want to hold my hand as he walked down the stairs from the Rec. Center to the parking lot. I wasn't trying to crimp his style. I know he can go down the stairs without help. Sometimes Mommy just wants to hold her baby's hand for a second. I sure am sad to see those days rapidly coming to an end...

0 comments: