Has it really been almost a week since I last posted on my blog? Good grief. That's shameful.
My apologies to the three of you who read regularly.
In my defense, Noni and Poppy were here for five weeks and they went home last Friday morning. I immediately went into shock because I wasn't sure how to manage my children and my household and myself without four extra hands around. When it occurred to me that I would need to cook dinner, I almost panicked. It really was wonderful to have them here, and I can hardly wait for them to come back in May, but when they are here, I become s-p-o-i-l-e-d (and so do my children!)!
Once I returned to reality over the weekend, I was ready to blog on Monday evening--until I realized that the laptop had, again, been confiscated. Yes, we have another computer, but I have a very detailed system of organizing my pictures and if they start getting on two different computers, I start getting confused and frustrated. Therefore, I waited for the laptop to return last night.
But, you see, last night was the night before the second morning of my 6 a.m. Cardio and Tone aerobics class at the Rec. Center, and The Biggest Loser was on. That meant I watched my favorite show and hit the bed for my before sunrise sweat session.
Now that you are all up to date on why I am behind (and completely and totally bored to tears), here's what I really came to tell you.
On Monday, Tyler discovered ants for the very first time. And he was fascinated.
We stared at the sidewalk in awe for what felt like an hour. Watching his amusement made me thankful for even the tiniest of God's creations because those little black ants made my boy so happy. It was adorable.
Monday was also Lydie's first experience with sidewalk chalk. She was pretty messy with it (she did her booty scoot all over the top of our drawings so you can imagine the sight of her socks and clothes), but she was making scribbles and holding her own and having a ball. She continues to keep us on our toes (and on our knees in prayer), but we are always thankful for every ounce of progress she makes.
Danny officially finished his classes yesterday, but he still has two papers, an exam, and a thesis to turn in. Once that's done, it will almost be time for the moving truck to load us up and we'll be heading to the beach for the next three years.
Ahhhh, that sounds GLORIOUS!!
Top Picture: Watching the ants.
Bottom Picture: Standing by the sidewalk chalk masterpiece.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Ants and Chalk
Posted by The Watsons at 6:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I can't believe it is already almost time for y'all to move. You aren't going to know what to do when you husband has to go to work everyday?! BUT, you'll be at the beach so I bet you will find a way to manage! :-)
I am way excited about the impending move!!!! CAN NOT WAIT!!!!
So funny about Tyler and those ants...so cute at the things they get fascinated with at such young ages...
Post a Comment