We might be getting into some sort of groove around here, finally, because we had our first official Virginia playdate today, and we have another one scheduled for Wednesday. Hallelujah!
Today, we were so, so, so, so, so, so, so excited to have Molly and Sophia Pringle visit us. Molly was one of my very first friends in New Mexico and the first Air Force Officer's wife to show me the ropes on what to expect from the military experience. While we were in New Mexico, she became pregnant with Sophia and I was thrilled to be able to watch how she grew and changed and glowed through those nine months. Then, we got that special phone call to tell us Sophia had arrived. I'll never forget it.
I last saw Sophia when she was about seven months old. Now, she's only a couple of months from turning FIVE!!! Talk about aging...I can almost feel my wrinkles developing as I type.
Anyhow, it's been about four years since we've lived in the same place, so we had lots of catching up to do. It was such a treat to have them here, and I can hardly wait to see them again.



2 comments:
I don't even know where to begin my comments....
1- So glad you got to catch up with old friends! And I remember you talking about the impending birth of Sophia! Can't believe it's been 5 years!
2- That train table is awesome! And Ty will be able to play with it forever! Well, maybe not forever, but with the money you paid for it, you will recoup some in the resale at least...
3- A new car? What?
4- Love that Danny is now a Major--so awesome and we are so proud of him!
5- That Lydie is something else. I can't wait for she and Connor to meet....of course, he'll have to wait his turn...Aunt Joy can't wait to hold that sweet thing!
I think that's it for now....
Playdates are what keep this stay-at-home mama relatively sane. How cool to be able to see old friends.
Post a Comment