Mondays are supposed to be tough days. Danny is gone from about 8:45 a.m. until a little after 9 p.m. I do everything, all day.
Frankly, I think Mondays are easier than most of the other days, although I won't speculate as to why that might be.
After an early awakening by everyone in the house (thank you, Mr. Garbage Truck and all your sleep-interrupting noise), Ty, Lydie, and I spent the morning watching whatever DVD Tyler was demanding to see and playing in the floor. Around 11 a.m. I could no longer take the whining that was coming from my son and declared "rest time." "Rest Time" is my new, nice way of saying, "You are walking all over my nerves, kid, so you've got to go to your bed until I can think straight again."
Next thing I knew, he was sound asleep and stayed that way until about 1 p.m. I was okay with that.
For lunch, I prepared a gourmet meal, as far as I'm concerned. Tyler is about the pickiest eater I've ever seen, so I am always looking for what goes over well with him. From what I've noticed, chicken, in any format, usually works. Especially chicken nuggets.
When I found dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets at the grocery store yesterday, I had to refrain from buying about fifty packages of them. When they were presented to Tyler with a roar, the rest of the meal was a breeze. He kept saying, "Dino chicken, Dino chicken" over and over again.
After all, I assume that since everything else tastes like chicken, dinosaurs ought to, too.
By the time we were ready to go, I was tired. But, we loaded up and headed to free play at My Gym. It was our first free play time, and I thought it was really nice. I think we'll make Mondays our free play days so that we're guaranteed at least one adventure that will break up the long day.
When we got home, it took no time for Tyler to decide that he was ready for dinner. Perhaps, if he'd eaten his green beans at lunch he wouldn't have been so ravenous.
During dinner, my well-mannered child decided it would be fun to pick his nose. I made a big deal of calling his behavior gross and disgusting which made him laugh like crazy. It was completely out of hand by the time I had the camera ready because he then decided to pull his finger from his nose and insert it into his mouth. I couldn't find anything funny about that move. Totally nasty.
An early nap for Ty meant an early bedtime. By the time Danny's key turned in the lock, I had both babies bathed, one in bed, and one asleep in my arms.
Like I said, Mondays are easy peasy.



4 comments:
Jennifer,
You need to break him of this fast. It might be cute to you now, but it won't be cute for very long. Also, it is gross. Of course, he knows that. That is why he thinks it is so funny!
I can't wait to see my two angels!
Love,
Mom
Too funny!!
I can already see him rolling his big blue eyes now when he's old enough to read this post. He's going to kill you for this one!
Mine doesn't eat them, she just hands them to her teacher in the carpool line.
I seriously don't know which one I would prefer. :-)
Glad y'all had such a wonderful Monday. I know getting out of the house with two little ones is hard, but it gets a TON easier. I promise.
So thankful you are able to stay home with those precious babies and not miss one single thing. Even the nose picking! What a blessing.
I don't think the nose picking thing will ever go away--at least it feels like that. Addie does it in spurts...it is the most repulsing thing ever. Of course, since she's been sick lately, I try to make her see the connection between picking boogers and being sick. Maybe it'll connect soon enough.
Ugh.
Post a Comment