Thursday, September 10, 2009

Complete and Total Randomness

This post has zero purpose except to document a few random things that have been going on here the last few days. We're boring. Honestly.

First of all, the jealousy in our house rears its ugly head in strange ways. Tuesday morning, I left Tyler in Lydie's room after we changed her diaper because he was playing happily, and, really, if he doesn't follow me down the stairs, I can't carry his thirty pounds along with trying to manage the bobbling head of our 3 1/2 month old.

When things got quiet up there, I became suspicious. This is what I found when I peeked around the corner:


It was his swing to begin with, after all.

Today Danny and Tyler went to retrieve Papa Joe from Fredericksburg, VA where Mama Janet is taking a course for a few days. Since we only live about 50 minutes from there, Papa Joe decided to come visit us for the night. We'll return him, hesitantly, to Mama Janet tomorrow evening. There's a lot to be said for Papa Joe's shopping skills, and the fact that he enjoys Home Goods as much as I do makes me want him to live here forever.

Anyway, he took these pictures of our little cuties and I couldn't resist borrowing them from his camera card:

By the way, this Bumbo seat causes lots of jealousy issues, too. Ty can say "Bumbo" as clear as day, and he knows how to squeeze himself right in it (after he tries to throw his sister out of it and onto the floor...).

When they visited a battlefield of some sort today, Danny just had to have this picture made. I haven't stopped laughing since I first laid eyes on it. Danny was a History major and loves to read signs. I was a Mass Communications major and love to get just the facts, please--on current events, preferably. I've long picked on him for his sign reading. Now, I see that my son has already started following in his father's footsteps...

And, for those interested, I think we have a little KA in the making. Every good KA loves a cannon...if only this one came with some gun powder...


3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

The bumbo caused issues in our house too. So funny how things they haven't used or played with in months become their absolute favorites once they see someone else enjoying them.

Cute pictures. Lydie is absolutely gorgeous. That sweet head of hair and those eyes just make me melt. Every. Single. Time.

Joy Peterson said...

Yeah, Addison has managed to squeeze herself into that Bumbo several times as well...Of course, Connor could care less about it!

Tyler in that swing is hilarious!!! And I'm amazed that he was able to get into it without breaking the swing or himself.

Lydie seems to enjoy the bumbo much more than Connor does...and she's sitting up so straight in there too!

ewhill said...

I am shocked to see Lydia sitting up like that! They are growing way to fast for me! I can't wait to see them really soon!