Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dreams Realized

I am typing this post from the comfort of my Lazyboy recliner, with my feet propped up and my fat cat by my side. The house is quiet now except for the hum of the air conditioner...or maybe that's actually the refrigerator. Whatever. Quiet is quiet and that's just how I like it.

I live for these moments every day. Being cooped up in the house with two little ones for the majority of my life makes me really appreciate the times when I'm not otherwise engaged with the comfort and care of another human being. I know Danny probably can't understand, but there are many, many days that I'd love to trade in my daily grind and take on his. Just his commute on the Metro sounds like a blissful way to relax for 26 minutes. Think of all the reading I could catch up on. I might even get to hear the big kid news instead of watching the Sunny Side Up Show on Sprout. And, while I know that law school would bore me to tears, I could handle a few hours of lectures just to be in a place where I'm forced to only sit and listen. Add a Starbucks Grande Non-Fat Chai Latte and just about anything is doable.

But, I digress. Sorry about that.

Remember what I said at the start of this nonsensical post?? Blogging from my recliner with my feet propped up??

Oh, how I adore the law school rule that one MUST have a laptop computer on which to do something or other because it means that the Watson family (read: I) finally have a laptop!! And, to top it off, Danny bought a wireless router, so I can play on this bad boy from anywhere in the house. I am a happy, happy girl.

And, Tyler Reed is a happy, happy boy because he is all about some Sesame Street games. The kid loves pushing the buttons, especially the buttons that have letters he knows written on them.

So, we are all just thrilled with our new tech-savvy lifestyle. Especially me. Because I need some entertainment in my life. Besides Sprout. And Thomas the Train.

By the way, we've already had to go and buy more train accessories to make our track "cooler." I'm beginning to think all this train stuff is a big boy's toy...a big boy who is 35 years old and has a toddler through which he can live vicariously. But that's another post entirely.







By the way, this little princess looks just like her mother when she sleeps. In this particular picture, she was out like a light on her daddy's chest. Have I mentioned how much we love her??

4 comments:

Jamala said...

Sesame Street games??? How did we miss this...? I am going to need details.

The Watsons said...

Jamala,

Go to Sesamestreet.com and you'll find them. Danny

Joy Peterson said...

Yes, Lydie looks just like you when she sleeps...and it is too funny!

So happy you got a laptop! And wireless is the absolute best invention (besides the computer and internet)!

Julie, the mama said...

She does look just like you. Too cute.

So glad you got a laptop. I'm hoping Santa drops one off here for me.