Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Love Language

It's true. Food is my love language. Exercise is not. Hence, the reason I am not a size...well, one of those single-digit sizes that come in really tiny, often cute, and extraordinarily shapely packages (and can also really work a pair of fabulous jeans). I'm not one of those. Probably never will be.

Because food is my love language, there's nothing I love more than finding a wonderful restaurant and enjoying a fulfilling meal. I can also name many, many favorite foods like chocolate covered strawberries, anything Mexican, banana pudding, rice, ice cream, Ruffles potato chips with french onion dip, etc. Notice that none of those are any good for you...

If you are a psychologist or counselor, you can probably read a whole lot into this. Please don't. It might get ugly. Just trust me that I enjoy yummy food.

That being said, I should have guessed how my husband would demonstrate his love for me tonight after I'd spent the better part of the day organizing a strategic attack on gaining any more weight during this pregnancy (as of this morning, I'm up 9 pounds in 24 weeks).

The sweet man cleaned up the dinner dishes and proceeded to bake a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. His side has crushed pecans sprinkled on top. My side would have colorful confetti sprinkles, but we didn't have any.

When I told him I really shouldn't devour a large piece of cake along with a glass of cold milk, he told me to "just enjoy it and know how much I love you."

I knew there was a reason I married him.

But, if I get in trouble about my weight at any time in the next few months, I'm blaming him.

**By the way, his reward for sugar- and fat-loading me tonight was that he got to feel little Lydie move for the first time. That, my friends, was the real icing on the cake!**

3 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

that was so sweet of danny to make you that cake...and so exciting that his hard work in the kitchen paid off by feeling lydie move!!!

Now I want cake and milk! And you're still winning---I'm up 11 lbs...

Julie, the mama said...

What a nice husband. Vacuuming is my love language. Or scrubbing toilets. Or doing laundry. To me, there is nothing sexier than a man that can and will clean the house. Or a man that knows the importance of a maid.

Glad we both have men that know how to answer our love languages!

kyle hitchcock said...

girl, obviously it has been a long time since I have visited, but I LOVE the baby's name, Lydie is BEAUTIFUL! I bet she will be precious just like her mama! And Tyler is 13 mths old? wow..how time flies! hope you are feeling good! Love in Christ, kyle