Yesterday was our follow-up ultrasound for Lydia. If you'll remember, she had a little cyst in her brain when we first took a peek at her around 18 weeks. Dr. S wanted to look again in a couple of months to check the status of that cyst and just to make sure Lydie was well on her way to a healthy delivery.
Praise God, the cyst was gone!
I felt all along that it wasn't a really big deal, but you still hate to know that there's anything growing in your baby's brain that ought not to be there. We prayed that the cyst would disappear, and the Lord was faithful to answer that request. We feel so blessed.
The sonographer checked the cyst first so that we could spend the rest of the time just looking at Lydie. Well, that was the plan. But, Miss Thing was not in the mood to put on any sort of show, so we didn't get a whole lot out of her. I suppose she wants to keep herself a mystery until her big debut.
We did get a really good profile shot of her, and I, personally, think she's beautiful.

And, finally, the sonographer was able to re-confirm that she is, indeed, a girl. I can't tell a thing by this picture, but I trust that the lady knows what she's doing. If not, it'll be a sad little boy who has to live in a pink, flowery nursery!

Based on a waist circumference measurement, we learned that Lydie is already weighing in at 1 pound, 15 ounces...almost a two pounder! Her heartrate was 142 beats per minute. And, the hospital should be contacting us soon about scheduling her delivery. It will definitely happen on or around May 20th. We can't wait to meet her, but there sure is a lot to be done before then!!
4 comments:
You will be a great mom of 2 kids.
I am so happy that the cyst was gone and everything looked great.
You have some great ultra sound pictures. May will be here before we know it.
It is always good to get that gender confirmation. Hopefully now you won't have any dreams of delivering a boy.
I am so pleased that the cyst disappeared! She is beautiful! You are a great mother and will continue to be terrific for both of your children. I can't wait to meet her in person.
Love,
Mom
She is beautiful!!! And I am so happy the cyst is gone--but I had no doubts that God would take care of that precious baby girl anyway!
And 2 lbs??? That's awesome--and kind of a reminder that Connor and Lydie will be here before you know it!
Post a Comment