Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Super Tuesday



Today is a Super Tuesday for many reasons: our country will elect a new President (I pray this works out well), it's my Grandmother's birthday, and Ty is ten months old today!

It's so hard for me to believe that Tyler only has two more months until his first birthday. It will be here before I blink! My baby boy is growing up so quickly! He's doing new things every day. He's finally gotten the hang of his walking toy; it doesn't run away with him as much as it did when he was first learning to play with it. And, yesterday, he started connecting the gesture of waving to the words "bye-bye." He doesn't usually say the words and wave at the same time, but he will wave if I ask him to show me bye-bye. I caught this video this afternoon to show you both new skills.





Tyler has also gotten the hang of saying "Mama," and he says it A LOT. If I leave the room, a whiny "Mama" comes squealing from his little body. We must be dealing with a little separation anxiety because he's never whined like this before. I'm not real good at this dependency thing, so he's going to need to get that worked out soon! I do love hearing that little "Mama" though!

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Joy and Addie on Thursday. Two pregnant women and two toddlers cruising around San Antonio ought to be interesting! I'm so glad they get to come see us. They never made it to New Mexico while we were stationed there (and I wish they could have because there's nothing more beautiful than that desert), but they made it to Louisiana and, now, to Texas. The Watsons are like your personal travel agency...just come see where we live every two years, and you'll have yourself quite a few adventures stacked up!

We are also missing Danny while he's away in D.C. I haven't lost my cool at all, yet, which I attribute completely and totally to prayer and the constant singing of "This is the Day the Lord has Made." The down-side is I haven't had a decent meal since he and Mama Janet left me here with Ty. There's no way to cook with a creepy crawler at your feet, and I wouldn't be able to sit down and enjoy it if it did get made. I have had many, many more turkey sandwiches this week than I ever hope to see again in my life! I'm tempted to order a large pizza and eat off of it for a few days, but I think the turkey sandwich would come off my hips more quickly post-Baby Watson II. Oh well.

Enjoy the pictures of our day at home. I tell you, it doesn't feel like I do much, but I sure am exhausted!


Mr. Beep Beep gets pushed around more than a boxer in a boxing ring! Ty likes pushing Mr. Beep Beep just as much as he likes taking Mr. Beep Beep for a walk.

Oh, and notice the toothless gums of my ten month old.

These are Tupperware puzzles that my Aunt Judy gave Tyler. My cousins played with them when they were younger, so now Tyler is enjoying them. He pulls them around the house all the time, but, today, he pulled them around to the back of the living room and was banging the pieces together and trying to make them fit. I'm so glad the puzzle pieces are on strings and attached to the puzzle!

Mr. Watson knows he's not supposed to take the pumpkins off the table, but he doesn't learn too quickly!

4 comments:

Ginger Carter Miller said...

Thanks for the Halloween card, Jenn. It made my day --a fter an afternoon of Lisa Gandy in Senior Seminar telling how she makes (well over) six figures at her ad agency, where she takes her clients to the Cheetah...
Oh, and waving her ring around...she's engaged to be married in January.

Sigh. She said to tell you, Joy and JP I said hi.

Bill said...

Ty looks so tall in that second to last picture. The video is way cute. He really is doing new things every day.

Joy Peterson said...

The above posting from Carter makes me loathe PR. What the hell happened to that girl? Engaged to be married...again? She just got a divorce!

Sorry, those were hateful things to write...I should be ashamed, but I am not.

Ty is so cute!!! I can't wait to see him tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

Those puzzles are too cute! We'll have to make sure that Addie doesn't steal them away from Tyler...she loves those things!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures with the puzzles, it helps to know that Tyler is enjoying them. love you