Tyler has been awake since 8 a.m., with the exception of about 50 minutes, and he just went to bed at 8 p.m. Quite a long day for the little guy.
We had a super-top-secret Christmas present appointment this morning at 10 a.m., so I was up and ready by 8 so that I could get him up and ready. Unfortunately, our appointment wrecked any chance at a morning nap, but usually that's okay. We do that every Wednesday and Sunday morning when we have Bible Study and church, so I am well-aware that morning naps can be altered...just not afternoon naps. Anyway, we were back at home by 11:15 for a quick bottle and what I hoped would be a decent nap. I really needed him to rest because I had an OB appointment for Baby Watson II at 2:15 and Danny was coming home early so we could all go.
When Tyler had just fallen asleep at 12:20, I knew it was time to alter our plans to pick up lunch and our Christmas pics before the appointment. Those pictures would simply have to wait. I was able to catch Danny before he made it home so that he could grab food to bring with him. This allowed Tyler to sleep a whole 50 minutes before we left the house. I prayed and crossed my fingers that he would not have a meltdown at the doctor's office.
Thankfully, Ty was a good sport at the appointment. He always gets lots of attention from the ladies there and, today, he got to hear his brother or sister's heartbeat. He was really curious about the sound that was coming from Mommy's belly!
FYI: Baby Watson II had a heartbeat of 150 beats per minute, Mommy had lost two pounds (thank you, Jesus), and we will have the "big" ultrasound on Monday, Dec. 22nd where we hope to learn the baby's gender...what a fantastic Christmas gift that would be!!
After the doctor's visit, we went to pick up our Christmas pictures and then headed home. Tyler never closed his eyes even once while we were in route. So, as soon as we walked in the door, I changed his diaper and put his little tail in bed.
He was quietly playing, so we figured he was about to drift off at any moment. Danny said it was okay for me to go out for a little while by myself since Ty would be napping anyway, so off I went.
I came home and learned that the kid never went to sleep.
Crazy.
The poor child didn't even get his bath tonight. He was so exhausted and whiny by 7:45 that I just decided he was clean enough to wait to bathe until the morning. Bless his stinkin' heart!
Besides the fact that the little guy never closed his eyes for a good nap today, we had a really fantastic Friday together. Any day that begins with Starbucks and ends with having your nails done and eyebrows waxed is an excellent day to me!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Sleepless Friday
Posted by The Watsons at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Can't wait to see the Christmas pictures.
Hmmmm 150 beats per minute. Girl or boy? Girl or boy? I don't know if I can wait another month, but I'm sooo glad we will find out before Christmas. You are right, that will be an awesome present - either way!
Glad y'all had a good Friday.
And, what about you LOSING weight? Lucky gal!
Hey! To answer your question from my post...no, Rody can't sit on the truck yet and move it with his feet...he stands on the side and pushes/walks it. We just push him around right now- he is catching on this stand up, cruising thing way too quickly..we don't want to push things too much!
You have no idea how jealous I am that you are going to find out way before I do what you are having...I am not happy that I have to wait until after Christmas to find out...ugh.
What's up with the losing weight?
I want to hear about the super secret present...
Be sure to let us lowly Louisiana folks know what you find out! I'm betting for a girl this time..... Miss you bunches!!
Post a Comment