You like all those Bs??
I have been holding a blog boycott for a while now because I have had two sick boys on my hands, and there hasn't been a single picture-worthy moment to document. Not even a word-worthy moment. We've been kind of boring around here.
But, now that everyone seems to be on the mend (and since I haven't picked anything up as of yet), my boycott will be banished. I assure you, you will hear from us a little more this week.
This weekend, I got a wild hair to catch up on Tyler's baby book. I declare, that thing is like a history book as much information as it asks for. This second baby will not be getting a book that is anywhere near as involved as Tyler's (at least, I don't think so). All I can say is that I am so thankful for this blog. All the important stuff was documented here, so I didn't have to work too hard to remember things. Of course, I did have to go back and read every single post since January 4th, but what else could I have done? There are still some places where there are approximate time-frames, and Danny hasn't written in any of his daddy-perspective parts, but they'll get done. Eventually.
The thing that irks me the most is that I KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I went through that book and specifically printed pictures to use in it, but I can't find an envelope with those pictures anywhere. I suppose I'll be reprinting some extra copies in the coming weeks.
Also, I am at a loss for what to do with all the stuff that won't fit in the baby book that fits in the category of being a "keeper." I have a stack of cards Tyler has been given for various things, the flower cards from the hospital, his hospital i.d. items, the church bulletin from his dedication, etc., and I don't know how else to hang on to them in a safe way without doing some sort of scrapbook. My days of detailed and involved scrapbooking are o-v-e-r, but I suppose I could throw something simple together for the keepers pile. Any ideas??
Aside from all this baby book business, it has occurred to me that I MUST finish my blog book ASAP. I won't have it published until after the new year, but I can't seem to get myself caught up. I need about eight straight hours to sit at this computer and get it done. Wonder where I could get those hours??
I'm going to start with one of them right now!!
Check back this week for something a little more exciting...



5 comments:
Your baby is a little boy now, Jennifer. He looks so grown in those pictures.
I know what you mean about the keeper pile of stuff that won't fit in the book. I bought one of those decorative boxes for LL and that is what I use for things like cards, extra pictures, etc. I guess I'll do the same for Trent. I too misplaced a stack of pictures I ordered for his baby book. Glad to know I'm not the only one!
Awwww! His bookshelf is beginning to look a bit like my desk! LOL Hope things are going smoothly. Love ya!
I am also behind on the baby book and have not even begun to start the blog book! So much to do!
Sweet Tyler looks awfully busy in these pics! He is definitely entering that "big boy" stage.
Buy a larger plastic container with a blue top. Decorate it with Tyler's name to make a carrier. Store the stuff in the box. The baby book will eventually fit on top of the stuff IN the box. And it's in plastic, so it's safe and waterproof.
I am so glad I'm not the only one who uses my blog as a baby book reference!
Post a Comment