It has been a fantastic weekend! The Petersons, including the precious Miss. Addie, came to visit Danny and I in Shreveport. Miss. Addie was definitely the highlight, as she is probably the cutest and sweetest thing I have ever seen.
Jason, Joy, and Addie arrived Friday afternoon, and I immediately began falling in love with Addie. After a BBQ lunch and some visiting, Joy and I snuck away for pedicures. We had fun laughing about Joy's rough mommy feet and getting our toes prettied up. Friday night, we grilled steaks and chicken (that's a whole different story), and enjoyed Addie as the centerpiece of the table in her Bumbo chair.
On Saturday, we lazied around some in the morning, went to Chili's for lunch, and saw Knocked Up in the afternoon. I think Addie enjoyed her first R-rated movie because it took a while to get her to sleep in the theater! Once we got back to the house, we spent some time recovering from our outings and then ordered pizza for dinner.
Sunday came entirely too quickly. We went down to the Boardwalk to eat at IHop for breakfast and my silly self decided we should walk down to the Carter's store. I totally forgot that it was Sunday and the stores wouldn't open until after lunch. So, we went back to the house to get showers and decided we'd go back to the Boardwalk a little later. Well, then the afternoon Louisiana thunder showers began, and we had to delay our Boardwalk outing by snacking and socializing at McAllister's. Finally, the rain passed and we were able to make our shopping trip. Jason and Joy found some cute things for Addie at Carter's, and then we went to the Build-A-Bear store where Miss. Addie got a new teddy bear and so did Baby Watson! Joy said it was the most fun a 28 year old could have, and I agree!
On Sunday afternoon, the Petersons departed. I tried to talk Addie into staying with me, but she clearly loves her mommy and daddy too much to abandon them. We already miss those sweet blue eyes and the precious baby sounds that filled our house this weekend, and we can't wait for Baby Watson to bring his/her joy to our lives.
However, my observations of parenting an infant made me even more scared to have my own child. It is non-stop work! If we weren't trying to feed the baby, then we were trying to get her to go to sleep. If she was playful, we were trying to figure out what she wanted to do. The purple-faced grunts meant it was time for a diaper change. All the while, Joy was washing bottles and bowls and spoons and measuring formula and boiling pacifiers. I was exhausted from watching all the work. I just don't know if I'm up for this...
In short, it was a fabulous weekend. I am so thankful that Jason and Joy made the trip to visit us. I am going to be taking a lot of naps between now and December 30th because once that baby decides to show up, I'll never sleep again!
Here are some pictures from this weekend (please ignore the abundance of fat on my body...I have already pledged to a major diet once Baby Watson exits the belly!):
Miss. Addie...isn't she precious?
Mommy and Addie at the Red River

The Peterson Family

Registering Addie's new teddy bear!
Danny and Baby Bear Watson
Sweet Miss. Addie
Kissing Miss. Addie

6 comments:
Well I think you are absolutely glowing in that 1st pic with Addie! It looks like you guys had a blast! Yes, sleep now while you can! I don't care what anyone says, you can't sleep when the baby sleeps b/c you have so much shit to do!!! It's never ending. And if you feel like you're not up for it, just know you're not alone-I feel that almost everyday!
Yes, Rachel, I don't know how you do it with twins! You are my inspiration. If I were you, I think I'd spend every day looking for a cave in which to hide! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels overwhelmed. This baby business is a tough job!
Precious! JHW - you've already got that pregnancy glow (I skipped right over that phase). Addie is adorable!
What a cute set of pictures@ Jenn, you look absolutely beautiful. And seeing you and Joy with Addie...
This sure did make my night -- and hey, I was with you there. I mean, you went to CARTER'S!
Just to clarify, Jennifer is not fat at all. She swears that she has a new pouch of fat on her stomach, which I did not see. She looks fantastic and really does have the pregnancy glow! She was wonderful with Addison and I am pretty sure that Addie loved Aunt Jenn!
Jennifer--like I told you there...you will be an excellent mom and you'll figure out what to do...I had no clue, but somehow it all works out. Granted, I am habitually late and sleep deprived, but Addie Grace is worth every second of lost sleep!
The mother's intuition really sets in as soon as you push that baby out and it will feel as though you've known how to care for a baby all your life!
Since you are at home all day long now with nothing to do except scrapbook and pack, you really should update your page more frequently...I am getting bored reading the same stuff over and over and over and over...
Love you! Give doodlebug a hug for me!
Post a Comment