Apparently, the Native American in me is able to do one heck of a raindance. When Danny and I moved to Louisiana in the fall of 2005, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita quickly followed. Now, after our move to San Antonio, we are experiencing a tropical storm (can't remember its name) that will last through the weekend. It hasn't stopped raining all day, and the winds are fairly heavy--AND, there's a hurricane right behind it that we will get a taste of late next week. Too bad for you Georgia folks that we aren't there, huh?
Now, on to sunnier news: we have officially chosen a name for baby boy Watson.
Tyler Reed Watson
I picked out Tyler very early in my pregnancy, way before I knew I was having a boy. It has just stuck. Danny picked out Reed, and I love how he came about that name. He has a framed picture of his grandfather's Army enlistment papers in his office at work (I think it's technically at our house right now, but it is typically at his office). On the paperwork, it lists his grandfather's skin as ruddy, which means tan/red. Well, Reed is another word for ruddy. So, when Danny suggested Reed and explained the meaning behind it, I loved that our son would have a name that represents family without having to be directly named after someone. We both appreciate names that have significance to us, so this just fit perfectly. Tyler, on the other hand, is just a cute name, to me, but it holds no other sentimental value. Maybe, one day, our Tyler will have kids of his own who will want to name their children after him.
Well, I should get back to the housework at hand. I am so bored with this staying home thing. I can't wait for Ty to get here so that I have someone to hang out with all day. So far, the highlights of my day are eating lunch with Danny and cooking dinner. Very sad, I know.

6 comments:
I love, love, love the name!
Now I can go shopping for smocked outfits for Tyler that can be monogrammed : )
Is it going to be Ty or Tyler?
It will be Tyler, but he is often called Ty around here b/c it's short. He is also known as Ty-Ty and The Ty-Man...his daddy is quite creative. I guess it's like Addison being Addie's official name, but we call her Addie...
So, Tyler, Ty, whatever you wish!
Tylericious....
I am happy you found a name you love and that has meaning. I especially love the middle name.
I used to HATE the weather in Louisiana, and I know you're not loving that tropical storm. Our friends in Houston are getting slammed, too.
And Jenn, I miss you garden, too! I just had some peas from Johnny McDade's but the okra is long gone...
Of course, you have great local markets there.
what a handsome name...please send the rain here...we need it badly! love, kyle
I LOVE the name!! All of it!!! Great choice. I always associate baby names with people I know or have known, and Tyler is a name of 2 people I've known and they are great guys! I wasn't allowed to use Tyler b/c I dated one and my husband thought it was too weird...
PLEASE do a rain dance for Georgia!
Oh, and thanks for the book suggestions! I bought one by Jodi P. and am about to go start on it. Next time I will email you for advice!
Can't wait to meet our little Tyler. These three are going to be fighting over the editor spot at the Colonnade in a few years!
Post a Comment