First, several of my dear friends from Greenacres Middle School (where I taught last year) gave me a very nice baby shower on Monday, July 30th. Tiffany Bruton, Valerie Branton, Sarah Morris, and Elizabeth Oliver were the hostesses. We had the shower in the school library since it was large enough and everyone knew where it was. It was so nice and so much fun!
Most of my pictures turned out really blurry (I think something is wrong with my camera), so I only have a few to share. Valerie took a lot more, and hers are better, so maybe I can get some of those to post, as well. Enjoy!


The table
Tiffany making the punch
Punch bowl...final product

Lion entertainment toy
Phyllis and Janie
Opening my nursery bedding!!! I am so excited! Between Valerie and Sarah, the nursery is already finished!

Here's Valerie explaining the drama she went through at Babies R Us to get my nursery bedding and decor...God bless her!

Here I am before I gave out the hostess gifts and made a teary speech. I am going to miss that school and those people SOOOO much.

Tiffany and me at the Mexican restaurant after the shower

Val and me eating Mexican...what we do best!

Sweet Sarah and me
The baby shower was a great success, and I am so thankful to the girls who made it happen. It made a wonderful memory.
The rest of that week was spent packing, dealing with movers, and moving to the big state of Texas. Moving out was bad enough, but moving in has been even worse. We have boxes everywhere, and our stuff is scattered all over the house. We are working to get it in a decent condition before my friend Heather (she lives in El Paso) and her sister Kelly come to visit on Wednesday. I am beginning to see the light, but it's really faint at this point!
Oh, one more thing. Danny and I are the least impulsive shoppers in the world when it comes to big purchases. We have learned to hate credit cards and will wait an eternity to save money for what we want before we'll buy it. But, when our t.v. stand/entertainment center was crushed in the move, we had to make some decisions. Either the t.v. was going to be placed on plastic crates or we were going to have to make a replacement purchase. We decided to buy a replacement t.v. stand, but we didn't stop there. We also bought two new t.v.s: one for the bedroom and one for the living room. All of these purchases were made within 24 hours. It was insane! Yes, we had the money for it all, but it was the most impulsive we've ever been which caused Danny to second guess it all for the next 72 hours. He's in love with his new t.v.s now. I may never get him away from them in the coming months!
All in all, we are enjoying Texas, so far. I am learning my way around and trying to get more comfortable with having to get on the interstate to go anywhere. I think I'll like it here. There are tons of cool things to do, and the activities for kids are endless. Baby Boy Watson should like his new home pretty well.
I will post again soon with pictures of a more established residence. Until then, adios from the Lone Star State!
3 comments:
Yay!!! Here I come...except I am coming Tuesday, not Wednesday...you did know that right??? I will be seeing you soon...love you
I have missed your posts. I have a new blog now, too, so if you want to see it, it's
gfingf.blogspot.com
I have it linked to you :-)
I love all the baby stuff you're getting. Who knows, we might see you in December -- we're planning a trip through Texas and might get to San Antonio!
I have missed your posts too! I kept wondering if you guys made it to Texas and how the trip went. Glad you made it okay and I hope you take it EASY unpacking the heavy stuff!! Don't worry about company coming!
Congrats on all the cute baby stuff you racked up on! And, you look adorable in your little preggo dress!
Post a Comment