Have I mentioned that my son's latest obsession is Batman?
And that he only wants to be called Batman?
And that when he gets to school in the morning, all of the children AND his teacher do a sing-songy, "Good Morning, Batman!" to greet him to class?
It's borderline ridiculous.
Scratch the borderline. It's just plain ridiculous.
Anyway, now, not only is he Batman, he has renamed the rest of us, as well.
Daddy=Aquaman
Mommy=Wonder Woman (which I am totally okay with, by the way)
Lydie=Green Arrow
So, naturally, when I told him that Nana was coming to visit last weekend, he had to assign a superhero name to her, too.
Nana=Wolverine
It was like Gotham City here all weekend. Ty and Nana both donned Batman capes and ran around the house chasing criminals and throwing them in the trashcan. Then, after a full day of fighting crime, Wolverine and Batman bedded down together with the other Super Friends in the Batman bed. I'm not sure Batman has received that much individualized attention since he was a mere infant, and he was l-o-v-i-n-g it. He loved having Wolverine here so much that he cried when she and Aquaman dropped him off at school on Monday morning, and, that night, he pointed to Wolverine's pillow and said, "Wolverine sleeps here." He adores that Wolverine.
Since Lydie could hardly get any of Wolverine's attention for all of Batman's hoarding, she did the best she could flashing her charming smiles and just being cute. She's at such a fun little stage right now.
Other than our special visitor, it's been business as usual around Gotham City. School, work, physical therapy, speech therapy, trying to clean the house somewhere in there...it's a crazy city, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!
Friday, October 15, 2010
Nana Visits Gotham City
Posted by The Watsons at 10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
That is so sweet!!! I love that he gave Nana a name too!
Post a Comment