Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dismissed!

Since our little Lydie lady has graduated from scooting and crawling to the big world of walking, her physical therapist dismissed her from therapy today saying she was meeting milestones more quickly than expected, which means it isn't necessary to continue weekly appointments.

PRAISE THE LORD!

I can't believe we have finally reached a point where we aren't spending tons of time and energy worrying about Lydie's development, and, instead, we're spending that time just enjoying her. It's such a blessing that I don't think you can adequately understand unless you've dealt with this kind of thing with your own children. We have experienced so many emotions and challenges in the past 17 months that it is so nice to just feel "normal" for a change.

Don't get me wrong. Nothing about the core of our girl has changed. She is as sweet and precious and adorable and loving as she has ever been. Maybe even more so these days, as she is learning to say so many new words and is eager to show us all of her new tricks. The difference is that now we aren't running here and there to medical appointments and therapy sessions, and we aren't struggling to get through insurance and bureaucratic red tape to get her services. There has just been a collective sigh of relief for us that has been long awaited.

We welcome the change, and we give every ounce of the glory to the Lord for answering so many prayers.

The bad news is that I think this means I have to start cooking dinner on Tuesday nights.

Bummer.




3 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

Praise the Lord!!! I know you are so excited about her graduating from physical therapy! Such awesome news!

Lydie's hair is getting so long! We need to catch up on the phone SOON and not talk about a paper...

Katie B said...

Yeah!!! That is so awesome...I praise the Lord with you! She is just a doll...I am loving those pig tails!

Jamala said...

Wonderful News! Look at all of that beautiful hair...!!!