We have been waiting for this day for a month. Literally.
The new Lifeway Christian Store opened in Destin last week, and today was the grand opening celebration event that just could not be missed because Bob and Larry from Veggietales were in the store to visit the kids.
I know. It was the toddler version of meeting the celebrity of your dreams. Including all the chaos and drama and giddiness that you can imagine.
My son, in fact, hovered in the Bob and Larry vicinity for so long that the store manager had his picture made holding Ty between Bob and Larry. Nice.
And, if one kid pushed ol' Bob's nose once, they must have done it two million times. Poor tomato.
Oh, and the funniest part of the whole thing was when some kid yelled, "Hey, now that's a giant pickle!" If you've ever read any of the Veggietales books or watched the movies, you know how stinkin' funny that is because, "I am NOT a pickle; I'm a cucumber!"
It made me chuckle.
Anyhow, while Ty was living it up with an oversized tomato and unbelievably tall cucumber, Lydie was clinging tightly to her Daddy's neck. She was okay with the stuffed veggies from a distance, but she wasn't too keen on getting a close-up.
After our visit with our favorite vegetables, we had a quick lunch and then headed to the outlets for a bit of shopping. The kids got new shoes and some new clothes and I, brace yourself, bought my very first Coach bag!!! I couldn't hardly contain my excitement. Seriously. I've wanted one for years, and I told Danny that with my first paycheck I was buying myself a nice bag to carry to work.
It better live up to its lifetime warranty. I'm just sayin'.
We've had a wonderful Saturday together. It's so nice to spend the whole day with my very favorite people.
And that includes Bob and the giant pickle.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
"Broccoli, Celery, Gotta Be...VEGGIETALES!"
Posted by The Watsons at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
First, I love the Veggietales stuff!!! So wish we could have been there too witness it!
And love the Coach bag...and the wallet.
And love those 2 precious kids in the back seat of the car....
okay---enough with the veggie tales .... new post already...please.
Post a Comment