Lydia l-o-v-e-s her speech therapist, Ms. Mary.
Like, she adores Ms. Mary.
She cries when we have to leave Ms. Mary's office on Wednesday evenings. And, when I say she cries, I mean she puts on a show like she is being sent straight into the pits of hell by having to go home with us.
She would totally let Ms. Mary keep her if we'd give her up.
Ms. Mary is, quite possibly, Lydie's very favorite person (aside from Daddy).
So, yesterday, when we arrived at Ms. Mary's office, I put Lydie down, and she stood there, without any help from anyone or anything, for an entire minute or so while we waited for Ms. Mary to make it to the lobby.
Then, when she saw Ms. Mary, she WALKED a grand total of five or six steps right into Ms. Mary's arms.
I've never loved Mary more.
I nearly cried. Literally, I wanted to get in the fetal position and bawl tears of joy for an hour. But, I couldn't embarrass myself like that, so I chose instead to jump up and down and scream like a maniac. Since Ms. Mary was doing the same thing, my insanity was totally okay.
Can you believe it?? At 16 months and two days old, my baby girl walked a little tiny bit.
I've never, ever been so proud.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Because I Never Want to Forget
Posted by The Watsons at 9:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay, yay, yay.....so exciting!!!!
Way to go Lydie!!!
Yeay Lydie!!! Congrats!
How wonderful!!!! I am so excited for her....and you too!
Post a Comment