Monday, September 13, 2010

Labor Day

As many of you know by now, or have concluded, I have decided to return to teaching this year. After a few years of staying home with babies, I was ready for a little bit of a change. I certainly miss my kiddos, and it kills me to leave them at their new school every day, but I feel so much more alive and more energized than I have since the days before Ty and Lydie were born. I have always thrived on stress and chaos and busyness (I know; I'm the perfect candidate for some sort of medical issue...), so staying home was wearing on me. I'm just not cut out for it at this point in my life, although I reserve the right to change my mind!!

In the last month I have learned a lot about myself and my family, our strengths and our weaknesses. It's been eye-opening, to say the least. While I can't deny experiencing a hefty dose of mommy guilt on a daily basis, I don't regret making the decision to return to the classroom. In fact, I consider it a blessing.

That being said, I was so thrilled to have a long weekend with my babies. And, to sugar-coat the three day treat, I got to spend it with my best friend, too!

The Petersons headed to Florida the Friday of Labor Day weekend. Bless their hearts; I think they had the worst trip possible, but they finally made it here close to midnight.

I have never been so happy to see familiar faces!

We spent the weekend playing and eating and swimming and talking. I wish it could have lasted a month. One of my greatest wishes for my life (along with seeing my kids happy and healthy and successful) is that I'll be able to grow old with JP and Joy. I just can't imagine anything better.

We are already anxious for our next visit!



It would be okay with us if these two wound up together...



These two spent a lot of time watching Clifford on the "big bed"



Danny and Connor


Feeding the fish and the birds off the pier at the Crab Shack







Addie being silly with her bucket at The Crab Trap


Joy and Connor--can you get enough of that boy's smile??


Mommy and Ty


Lydie and Mommy


At the beach on Sunday


Addie was loving her time at the beach!






After a wave splashed him in the face, Ty declared, "I no like the beach ever again."


Lydie and Uncle Jason swam in the ocean for quite a while--she could have stayed out there with him forever!


Peek-a-boo Princess!




Lydie and Aunt Joy outside the Coach-n-Four


We had to organize a "big kid" car and a "little kid" car. It was so cute!
Joy~How did we not get a picture together the whole weekend???



2 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

I wondered that very same thing!!! Oh, I miss that sand and your precious family like crazy!!! (although I do still have some sand from the trip)

I'll be stealing some of those pictures for my files as well.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing for your two families to spend this time together. It is good to see Joy, Jason, and their kids! What a cute bunch you all make.
Looking forward to ya'll's next visit.

Love, Nana