I fell in love with Nutella as a junior in high school when my German teacher, Frau Mallett, shared the delightful treat with a room full of Atlanta suburbanite teenagers in an effort to bring a little European culture into our lives.
God bless her.
I heart Nutella.
I heart Nutella even more when it comes in a jumbo size at B.J.s and when there's a huge bag of pretzels perfect for dipping in the delicious hazelnut, chocolate concoction.
So, that's what I had for dinner tonight. Healthy, I know.
And, when little Tyler saw that Mommy was dipping "chips" in something that wasn't salsa, he was interested. Next thing I know, he looks like this:
Do you see his hair?? What a mess!
Regardless of the mass undertaking it was to clean him up enough to be transported to the bathtub, we thoroughly enjoyed our Nutella treat. We highly recommend it.
In other Watson news, this little gal turned THREE MONTHS OLD yesterday!!
Regardless of the mass undertaking it was to clean him up enough to be transported to the bathtub, we thoroughly enjoyed our Nutella treat. We highly recommend it.
In other Watson news, this little gal turned THREE MONTHS OLD yesterday!!

Isn't she a doll?!?! She's a mess, too, what with all the drooling she's doing these days. I've resorted to keeping bibs on her because they're easier to change out more often than her clothes. She continues to be an absolute angel and such an enormous blessing. We just couldn't love her an ounce more if we tried. Her little smile and that big dimple still melt my heart every, single time!
I tried and tried to get her to flash one of her sweet smiles, but she was just plum tuckered out from our trip today to The George Washington University School of Law. All I got was this vague, "give me a bottle and leave me alone" look.
Can't blame her. I pretty much felt the same way after seeing the law school bookstore bill, which is what led to the Nutella dinner.
Oh, and did I mention that I am becoming a pro at riding the Metro? Yep, a complete and total pro--if you consider routine panic attacks normal while riding on the thing. I mean, they did recently have a collision that killed folks and I am not interested in dying in some subway in a tunnel under the Potomac River. But, I digress. I honestly thought I was going to puke both to and from the law school today. On the way there, we were wobbling so badly that I thought my eyeballs were bouncing around in my head, and, on the way home, the driver sped up and slammed on the brakes at least 42 times. I silently willed the thing to get to the Van Dorn Metro Station in as little time as possible and also wondered if I should get a patent on Metro Puke Bags. I just know they'd be especially marketable and make me into a millionaire.
Which might be a good thing with one-way fares costing $3.50 during peak hours.
Again, I digress.
Anyway, my rambling has bored you enough tonight so I'll let you off the hook by wrapping this up. Jamala and I were on the phone entirely too late last night and all the caffeine in the world didn't help me much today. Mommy needs some sleep.
Goodnight, Y'all!
2 comments:
Sounds like your are embracing city life! You are proving yourself to be a perfect 'bloom where your are planted' military wife. Love it!
Lydie cracks me up in her pictures. The looks she gives are too cute. I sure do love me some big brown eyes. She is absolutely adorable. As is her big brother!
Well, I enjoyed our late night panic session over Elmo. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
I am proud of you for embracing the Metro with babies and all...very impressive.
And, thanks for throwing in that Y'all for all of us Texas folks.
Post a Comment