These days, I am in a constant state of disorganization and it's beginning to drive me completely insane.
Take, for example, the fact that we visited Arlington National Cemetery recently where I took pictures, edited them, and saved them to my "blog" file but never got around to posting them. Completely disorganized and insane.
I'm not even sure what day we went to the cemetery, but it was while Mama Janet was still here. We had a good time. There's just something so breathtaking about those rows and rows of simple, white gravestones. I wish I could know the stories of all the lives represented there--what a magnificent history those grounds hold.
I know we'll head back there another day because you can't possibly see it all in one visit (nor can your body handle hiking through there all in one day!).






Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers
Funny story: During the "Changing of the Guard" ceremony, Tyler had to be removed from the area because he was laughing hysterically at the Sergeant barking orders. Literally, every time the man's mouth opened, Tyler would cackle and cackle. While I thought it was absolutely precious, we could not allow his belly laughs to disrupt the solemn event. He tickles me how he can be so easily entertained.


2 comments:
Having all of that rich history so close by is such a treat. Can't wait to get up there for a visit.
You are going to LOVE DC, I just know it...and Tyler will have so many opportunities to learn new things while y'all are there!
Post a Comment