Monday, June 29, 2009

Day One

Praise the Lord, I survived my first day at home alone with two kids. Whew. I am tired.

Surprisingly, things went better than I expected. That is, until Tyler had a meltdown at about 4:30 p.m. which led to him sitting in time out four times and then getting a spanking. It wasn't pretty.

Oh, and then the chicken I was planning to cook for dinner smelled repulsive even though it was still in date. Determined to still provide a meal for my family, I called Papa John's and the sweet man delivered a delicious pizza to my door in 20 minutes. Gotta love that guy.

Alas, both children are bathed (I am not) and one is already in bed. The little one is eating now and will be in bed shortly. After I finish a million more things, I will breathe a deep sigh of relief as my head hits the pillow.

Maybe this new adventure won't be so bad after all...


The only time I was able to snap pictures today was when both kids were strapped in at breakfast. Hey, whatever works.








This picture was taken yesterday evening when Danny was cutting the grass. Tyler idolizes his daddy like none other, and he proved his affection by hopping from window to window to watch Danny mow the yard. Adorable.

3 comments:

louanne said...

I am glad you had a good day. I am sorry I called right at 4:30 when things were crazy.

Julie, the mama said...

See...it isn't as bad as one might think. As long as you can laugh through the meltdowns - or at least most of them - you will be fine, and the kids will thrive having a mama home with them all day.

Glad you are finding the time to document these days.

Katie B said...

I just had to say...I was looking through some old files and found a copy of the article you wrote on me our senior year in high school. It is entitled "Katie is the 'real mccoy'"...I just had to laugh...fun memories!