I have been so bad about blogging lately, but it is because I have been so productive around here that you just wouldn't believe it. I am almost done with my Christmas shopping, and I even have most of the boxes of gifts packed that need to be shipped. I just know I won't be able to get everything done in a few weeks, so I am trying to plan ahead. Plus, I've hit some fantastic pre-Thanksgiving sales, which has saved bucoos of moolah. I've always been against "Black Friday" shopping (the day after T-giving) because I see it as a way for retailers to mark up prices and just pretend they've marked them down. And, I hate battling the crowds. So, the Watsons (well, this Watson) have been timely with our shopping this year and will be relaxing and waiting for Tyler's arrival during the month of December. Oh, and finishing the nursery, and washing baby clothes, and buying last minute baby things, and....well, you get the picture.
Along with the Christmas shopping, wrapping, and shipping, we have been busy getting things done around the house this weekend. Today was a big day for our little pet friends. They both had baths. Thank God I have the world's most chilled-out kitty cat because she has been very well-behaved for baths for as long as I've had her. Danny did the washing today because my ever-increasing belly is making it difficult to lean/bend over without suffering back spasms. So, I had drying duty. Miss Kitty was just precious in the tub, though she kept trying to hide behind Danny's leg. Once she was dried off as much as possible, she spent the rest of the afternoon wallowing her damp self on our bed. I guess she got us back. Daisy was good for her bath, too. She just sheds like crazy all the time these days. I guess for about the past year she has had non-stop shedding, and it is really annoying. Once these little babies are gone, there will be no pets in my house...at least not the shedding variety. Here are some fun bath time pics:

Miss Kitty wrapped in her bath towel...she was much cuter moments before, but she got shy when the camera came out!

Trying to plot her escape route...
Cute, wet dog
Allow me to back up for a moment and share our Veteran's Day Monday with you. Danny had the day off, so we decided to do something special together since we know our days as a couple are limited. We headed up I-35 North to Gruene, Texas (pronounced "green") to enjoy a day in the fresh air. There is a restaurant there called "The Gristmill" that Danny had been told to try, so our first stop was for lunch. I couldn't get over how huge the restaurant was. We got to sit on our own little deck overlooking the Guadalupe River. It was really pretty. The food was yummy, too. We enjoyed a leisurely time talking and eating and enjoying the view. After lunch, we strolled through the town and perused in the local shops. Mostly, we just walked and enjoyed ourselves, but we did purchase some fabulous candied pecans from this little shop that was kind of tucked away. Man, I'm glad we only bought a small bag...I'd be 550 pounds if I'd had access to more! Delicious! Later, we drove around the larger area of town and saw other views of the various rivers that converge there. All in all, we just had a pleasant day together. Here are some photos:
Danny at The Gristmill
Jenn at The Gristmill

The view from our table

One of the cuter lizards in Texas tried to have lunch with us
Okay, back to the present. We are at 34 weeks of pregnancy today. I can't believe that it has been that long, but I swear that the six weeks to come sound even longer! I have had a pretty easy pregnancy to this point, thank the Lord, but my back and my hips are really starting to hurt. I wake up a lot in the night with soreness, but it subsides after a while. I'm trying to take more breaks when I'm cleaning and doing errands, but it's hard for me to slow down once I get going with something. Anyway, we are anxious for Ty-man's arrival...my body especially! Six weeks to go...This is the picture from 31 weeks and 4 days:
This is the picture from today, 34 weeks (I particularly like how the black scuff on the wall makes me look like I have a tail!):
6 comments:
I must be hormonal, the belly pic made me tear up! He is definitely getting bigger. Mama, you still look great.
That restaurant looked awesome. I know you aren't feeling the San Antonio love yet, but it does seem like there are some cool things to do out there.
The story about y'all bathing those pets made me laugh.
You are always so thoughtful with your Christmas gifts. Maybe you'll rub off on me one year?!
Not too much longer before Mr. T gets here. Jennifer, I'm so excited for you. I can hardly stand it!
Any time now...
You should start taking pictures in the same shirt -- that way, when Tyler starts to drop we can see it clearly.
You look wonderful!
You do look great! I'm glad you and Danny had some alone time before Tyler gets here-you will cherish those moments in the months to come! Just wait until your boobs start catching up to your belly b/c of the milk coming in!!!
You look so precious!!! I can tell you are getting bigger, but I feel like I was 10 times bigger than you are at this point! I think you have done an excellent job of growing at a nice pace all along! You should be very proud of yourself! and Tyler is growing, growing, growing! I can't wait to see him!!!!
You are fabulous! Let me know when you need me to come visit and provide you with some tea and sympathy.
Miss you much! Take care, my sweet friend.
Sarah
Hey! It's so great to see what's going on with you...congrats on the new baby!!! You're going to love him (I know you know that!!). And thanks so much for your comments on my blog...they made my heart happy!!!!
Post a Comment