Monday, November 5, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

It has been a busy few days, so I am going to walk you through our adventures in pictures. Enjoy!

This past weekend was the Air Show for Randolph AFB where Danny is stationed. I absolutely love air shows and could spend hours with my face pointed towards the clouds watching the planes. This was a smaller show than we've seen in the past, but it was an enjoyable day out. I got really hot at first and hadn't eaten well that morning, so I quickly consumed two hot dogs, a bag of chips, a bottle of water, and half of Danny's Dr. Pepper. All was well after refueling!!



Mr. Fred, Danny, and Jeanne in a C-5


Danny in the bomb shaft of the B-52 bomber

Me, pigging out!

Today (Monday), Ms. Bobbie, Jeanne, and I went on a half-day San Antonio tour. I had already been to The Alamo, and it is only mildly impressive the first time you go. But, the tour also took us to a couple of Missions in the area that I had not been to and to the Mexican Market. I loved going to the missions; they were really fascinating. The Market was a disappointment--I picked up several items that said "Made in Indonesia" or "Made in China." Not so authentic...

We had lunch on the Riverwalk, which was really nice, and we came home this afternoon for power naps. It has been a great few days!!



Jeanne and Ms. Bobbie at The Alamo


Entrance to the San Jose Mission



San Jose Mission

The Indians' quarters at the mission. The Indians were promised safety from the Spanish in exchange for ditching their culture and religious traditions to become Catholic.


A traditional Indian oven on the grounds of the mission


Rose's Window


Beautiful sculptures above the door of the Mission


Me and Ms. Bobbie at Cafe Ole on the Riverwalk

3 comments:

Bill said...

The Riverwalk looks so beautiful. Surely we'll be able to make it out there at some point - looks like the perfect place to sip on a glass of wine!

You still look great. The only things that look bigger are the boobs and belly - you're doing much better than I did.

Ginger Carter Miller said...

You weren't pigging out -- you were PREGGING out.
One hot dog does not pigging out make!

Love the pictures. You look beautiful.

Joy Peterson said...

You do look amazing! And only 8 more weeks to go!!! It will be here before you know it...

Love the pictures! So glad that you did the touristy thing and went on the tour. I think I had been to Savannah a billion times before I ever took a trolley tour...you really do learn so much on those things, you know?