Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Miss. Kitty: Lizard-Slayer

We had another run-in with a lizard last night. Twice.

Danny came home from work and didn't want to wait for me to cook dinner, so we got ourselves together and went to try a little Mexican place up the road. Before we left, I went into our bedroom to apply a little powder to my face. I didn't make it three feet through the door when I saw it. The tell-tale shadow of a nasty, Texas lizard. It was on the wall...right above our bed.

I yelled for Danny, which scared the lizard to the floor (note to self: make no noise during future sightings). Danny came in thinking that I had fallen or something. He ran to the wall where the lizard was and tried to pin it. No such luck. So, I had to leave the house knowing that there was now a lizard in my bedroom. Lovely.

When we returned from dinner, I did my best to forget the creepy-crawler lurking somewhere near my sleeping quarters. I went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. As I was taking out my contacts (and before I had my glasses on), Miss. Kitty jumped behind the silk tree in the corner and was aggressively after something. She scared me to death with all the jumping and the racket. Once I found my glasses and got them on my face, I tried to see what she was doing. Next thing I know, there's a wiggling lizard tail, sans body, on the floor, and Miss. Kitty is sitting on something in the corner. Obviously, we had a tailless lizard on our hands...again.

I yelled for Danny because I forgot the no noise rule in the heat of the moment. He wanted to know why I was screaming and I did my best to explain it to him between gasps for breath. He grabbed a plastic cup and trapped the lizard. Then, he thought I should look at the lizard so that I wouldn't be scared of them anymore. It was then that I knew my husband, bless his heart, had lost his mind. I ran him and the cup into the kitchen and out the back door. I don't know where the lizard is this morning, but the cup is still on the patio. Ugh.

So, I think I'm back down to two lizards, but I'm not sure. Thank the Lord for my little lizard-slaying kitty. I am so proud of her!

Now, a few other notes for those of you who have missed my blogging so much while I was away:

  • Yesterday, I had an ultrasound at Wilford Hall. I now hate military medicine even more than ever. I had to lie on a bed, flat, for 45 minutes while the girl did the measurements and whatnot. She never said a word to Danny or to me. Further, she wouldn't allow me to see the screen until the last three minutes I was there. I cried for the first ten minutes or so because I was so angry that everyone else in the room could see my baby except for me. At the end, we asked her if everything looked okay and she told us that she was not allowed to release any information. We have to wait until we see the doctor next week. Talk about furious. She gave us a few pictures, but you can't hardly tell anything from them. It was a terrible experience. Even Danny was mad about it, and he is rarely vocal on these issues.
  • I love nothing more than the Mellowcreme Pumpkins made by Brach's. They always appear this time of year, and I bought a bag yesterday. It is almost gone today.
  • I am involved in two Bible studies right now, and I got really behind while I was away. I don't know if I'll ever catch up.
  • I have lots of pictures and other things to share about my trip, but I don't have enough time right now to get it all on here. I will create a new blog tonight with other exciting information that your life is incomplete without. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

Are you saying that you like mellowcreme more than robin eggs? That's crazy!

Anonymous said...

This is enough...where are the pics from your vacation???