I love Frito Pie. It's one of my favorite dinners. I usually cook it in the winter when there's a chill in the air and a nice pot of chili is just as good as a warm blanket. Today, however, it was about 90 degrees here, and I just had to have Frito Pie.
It was delicious. It was everything I expected and more. That is, until, the pregnancy heartburn kicked in, and I have been suffering ever since. Pepcid is only beginning to work after 30 minutes, and I feel like I am breathing fire. I'm afraid this is going to be a long night.
Besides the heartburn, we had a good day here at the Watson household. Daisy had to go for her annual exam and vaccinations. She got an excellent report, except it's about time to have her teeth cleaned. That is to be expected for a 6 year old dog, though. I was very impressed with the vet's office and the staff that works there, which is a good thing because I am leaving both of my babies there next week while we take a trip home.
After dinner, Danny and I searched for something to watch on t.v. while we worked on the stockings. No luck on finding anything entertaining, so we stopped on Fox News to watch the Republican debate--very disappointing.
For all of you who thought my baby belly was hidden in the last pictures I posted, I had Danny take another one to show you the beach ball I am carrying around. It always stinks to look at the pictures we take because I swear my belly is so much bigger when I look down. Oh well...here it is at 23 weeks and 3 days:

I hope you all had a wonderful day!
8 comments:
Very exciting! Isn't it just so cool to look at this picture and know that little Tyler is right inside there, just growing like a weed? The heartburn is probably here to stay for awhile, kiddo. But, just as soon as Tyler is born, it should go away immediately.
I didn't have much heartburn, so maybe you will only have it when you eat things like Frito pie! Such a cute little preggo belly!
I'm with Julie on the heartburn thing...I had it constantly and, for me, it got worse as Addie got bigger. It will go away once Tyler arrives though. I just carried tums with me everywhere...In fact, yesterday, I looked over in my pen caddy and found half of a roll...those might come in handy one day.
Your belly is just precious! And it stick out past your boobs! I can't wait to see you when you come home! I have a few more goodies for my sweet nephew!
Oh, and one day you'll look down and say "My Lord...my belly is actually as big as I think it is." The best part is walking past shopping mall windows...very flattering! : )
Home? Home? Will you be HERE? More importantly, will I SEE you and your baby daddy? AND TYLER!
P.S. Pepto Bismol for the heartburn. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
prilosec worked wonders for me, much better than pepcid and it is safe too...you are so TINY!!!!! love you, kyle
Watson, check with your doctor on the pepto bismol--my didn't let me have it because it has aspirin in it...
Sorry, Carter...I kow you're a doctor, but just in case... : )
Carter-I will be in M'ville next week (Wednesday eve to early Sat morn). We will have to make a plan. And, Pepto is not acceptable for pregnant folks, but I do like it a lot under normal circumstances.
Kyle-God bless you. I have never been called "tiny" in my life! I really hope the belly grows a lot before our pics next week! You might have to work wonders to make me look more pregnant!
Joy-I can always count on you to notice the boobs. Now, bring me some Tums.
Well, I didn't know about Pepto, but I did check: it has Bismuth subsalicylate 525 mg, which isn't aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) but it's close.
So I apologize. Rolaids?
And Jenn -- both Mary Jean and I want to see you - lunch Friday perhaps?
Post a Comment