I have collected several happy things to share with you from experiences throughout the weekend, but on Sunday night, my outlook changed.
My grandmother (whom you all know I love more than almost anyone else in the world) called to tell me that her cancer has returned and it is in her lymph nodes. I cried while she was telling me (I didn't let her hear, of course), and now I am struggling with both guilt and anger.
We've known that her health has been declining for several years, and I can remember praying, "Please, God, let her live to see me get married"; "Please, God, let her live until I can get home again", "Please, God, let her live until the next time I can see her"; "Please, God, let her live to see me pregnant." So far, God has answered all those prayers. I hope he's got a few more in him.
Now, my prayer is selfish again. It has changed to, "Please, God, let her live to hold my baby."
There are so many things to pray for in this world; I know this is not earth-shattering. But, if you can, please pray for her strength to fight this disease as much as possible, and please pray that she'll be able to one day hold her first great-grandchild.
Love to you all.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Cancer
Posted by The Watsons at 10:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey Jenn! I am sorry to read this news. But I will be praying for her (and you of course)...Lord willing she will be able to hold Baby Watson. On another note...can you believe you get to find out what Baby Watson is in just three days??? So exciting!!! Miss you...
jenn, I'm so sorry to hear this about your grandmother. I will keep her and you in my prayers. I hope that God will(at least) answer this one prayer so she can hold her 1st great-grandbaby. oh, and if I remember correctly, YOU were a tad bit stronger than me, so I know you can get through this!
Jenn
I will keep both you and your grandmother in my prayers. GOd answers prayers everyday and will not stop answering yours now.
Love You Betsy
Why didn't you call me last night???
You know that Grandmother is on my prayer list...
I'll call later...
Love you!
Prayers were sent up last night. Today will be a big pray day since I'll be in the car for 4 hours!
You know I'm praying her right now -- and for you, so you have strength for her, too!
love you!
Post a Comment