Monday, May 14, 2007

My Baby Watson is PERFECT!


First, let me defend the horrible picture of myself in the previous post. I had not slept all night because I just knew I was pregnant, and it was about 5 a.m. when Danny snapped that shot of me. I am not a pretty girl even when I'm trying to be pretty, so that picture definitely is me in a very raw state. Please view that picture for the sake of what it is, and try to completely ignore the dorky looking girl holding the positive pregnancy test!


Now, on to the excellent news of the day: My baby is already perfect! Because of my severe laziness, I am going to paste a copy of the email I recently sent out to friends and family. Please understand that I am trying to stay awake right now (it's only 1:10 p.m. and I desperately need a nap!), and the pungent odor of the kitty box that Danny needs to change is running me out of my computer room. I will blog a more personal post later.


Ta-ta, for now.

Hello, Friends and Family!

Danny and I just returned from our first OB appointment, and Baby Watson isabsolutely perfect! As a true Capricorn-to-be baby, he/she is already measuring right on time at 7 weeks and 1 day. And, he/she is growing bigger and bigger, measuring in at a humongous 1 centimeter today. He/she also has a stellar heartbeat that almost brought tears to my eyes...130 beats per minute. He/she is snuggled safe and sound in my uterus and seems to be just fine. The doctor says my sudden narcolepsy is to be expected and that she has no concerns about this pregnancy. Music to my ears!

I am attaching a picture of my little peapod to this email. For those of you who are unfamiliar with ultrasounds let me explain what you are looking at: all the gray area is my uterus (lovely, I know), the black spot is the little sac in which the baby will grow, and the tiny white line-looking thing at the top of the black spot is Baby Watson. Absolutely gorgeous, huh?

Now, if I were a betting woman, I would place money on the fact that I think I'm going to have a little boy. I didn't have any feelings either way until after this ultrasound, and that's how I'm placing my bet. We'll have to wait and see!We will return to the doctor on June 8th. Please continue to keep our growing family in your prayers.

3 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

I just sent you an email, but I think it's a boy too! The fetus is just beautiful and the joy you feel right now will be multiplied 1 billion times the day you feel it move, and, more importantly, the day you give birth and hold the little fellow in your arms. Motherhood is the most amazing gift ever and it is truly a miracle.

Congrats again and take care of my nephew!

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! we are so excited for yall!
Love, Kyle

Ginger Carter Miller said...

I emailed you, but for the record, I think it's a boy, too. Of course, I thought Hendley was a little boy....had a dream about giving Julie a little boy baby present I had in a drawer.

P.S. You're not lazy, you're pregnant. And you're beautiful and always have been. So there!

xoxoCarter