Sunday, May 13, 2007

Here it goes...


Well, I have created a blog for my friends and family to visit when they are interested in knowing what is happening in the Watson household. I don't know how good I'll be at this, but Joy and Julie make it look easy and we all have the same college degree, so I'm banking on success.


On April 26th, 2007 (very early in the morning), Danny and I discovered that we are expectant parents. While both shocked and scared (i.e. "our bodies really DO work," and "what now?"), we were immediately excited at the prospect of a new little life helping us begin our family. In the weeks since, we have settled in with the idea a little more, but we are still multi-emotional.


I have felt pretty well up until last night (Sat., May 12th). I began feeling pretty weak and light-headed, so I asked Danny to take my blood pressure. It turned out to be much lower than usual, and I erupted into a crying terror because I just knew that my baby and I were dieing. Danny kept wanting to feed me, but I couldn't motivate myself to eat. I decided to make some rice, but he insisted on cooking it for me. Unfortunately, his expertise does not lie in rice-cooking. Once I took a bite of crunchy, undercooked rice, the weapiness began again and the urge to eat was definitely gone.


The good news is that I feel much better today. I have concentrated on eating at more regular intervals and trying to pair protein and carbs in various forms. My blood pressure is back up some, and besides a nagging cough that I've had for a week, I feel like a champ!


We go to our first doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I am just beside myself with excitement. I have been praying that everything will go well and that there will be a big ole' blob growing in my tummy that will eventually become our little Baby Watson. Currently, his/her names are: Baby Watson, Pea Pod (weeks 6-7), and Kidney Bean (weeks 7-8). We even bought him/her his/her first books tonight at Barnes & Noble. It was fun to shop for baby-to-be.


I know I'm rambling, so I'll let you get back to your lives. Thanks for checking in with us!

4 comments:

Bill said...

I'm so excited! You know how I love to stalk people!

Ginger Carter Miller said...

I am so happy...that makes THREE little Colonnade editors to be! Seriously, I am thrilled for you. You look wonderful!

Joy Peterson said...

You take care of my doodlebug! I can't wait to see ya'll in New Orleans!! And I'll have to add you to my links!

Now I can stalk you, Rachel and Julie on blogspot!

Love you!

Unknown said...

Hey Jennifer,
I saw the link on Joy's blog and clicked to read your blog. I just wanted to say congrats on the little bean! Hopefully you have a smooth, boring pregnancy! Take care and I'll be stalking you too!

Rachel(Gilleland) Miniscalco