Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bye Y'all!

On Saturday morning, Ty and I were leaving the house to go to My Gym and I said, "Bye, Y'all!" As anyone from the south knows, "bye, y'all" is the standard thing you say when you are leaving a place. It rolls off the tongue before the mind even recognizes what it's saying.

Until a sweet little two-year-old voice mimics the common phrase and waves the cutest, chubbiest hand you ever have seen.

Then, you realize just how strong your own accent must be, and you laugh and laugh until tears are rolling out of your eyes, all the while begging him to do it again and again.

Today he did a repeat performance while we were at the Pentagon City Mall having lunch. I thought you'd be tickled to see this. I am still laughing every time I hear it!!

4 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

that is the cutest thing I've ever seen! And she sure does have a southern accent!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Julie, the mama said...

BEST VIDEO EVER. Hands down. BEST VIDEO EVER. Do you hear me??? BEST VIDEO EVER.

Jamala said...

This Texan's heart just melted!

Laurie said...

He's adorable! We've got several videos of Becca when she was that age and, indeed, I must have been raised in the sticks with the accent I had passed on to her!!! When we go back and watch those, it's hysterical.

Oh, and do they mimic...