Saturday, November 27, 2010

"I'm a Little Indian"

Thursday, November 18th, 2010

I continue to be thrilled with the facility where our children attend "school" every day. They are outstanding, and, once again, they proved themselves worthy by planning a Thanksgiving Feast for the children. The best part was that Moms and Dads were invited, too!

Thankfully, I had a few generous co-workers who were willing to cover some of my classes while I snuck away to see the festivities. It was SO worth it!

Each of the preschool classes sang two songs a piece, and it was about the biggest hoot I've ever seen. Ty's class did a pretty good job, although they mostly concentrated on their movements rather than singing the words. Lydie's class, on the other hand, mostly concentrated on eating their Fruit Loop necklaces and allowed their teachers to do a mini-ensemble.

After all of the classes performed, the children were seated at their lunch tables and everyone said "God is Great." It was a pleasure to see my kids blessing their food before their meal, which is not something you see at a lot of preschools/daycares. I love that the values we're teaching them at home are being reinforced at school.

The kids enjoyed a real feast for lunch that day, and, rumor has it, Lydie continued her feasting well into naptime as she stole all the bread from Miss Heather's plate! She's such a bread-lover!

It was such a precious day, and I am so glad that Danny and I got to be a part of it. We may be biased, but I think we had the cutest little Indians in the school!















1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I am so glad you got to attend the show. Sounds like it was a GREAT time. What a blessing that you can work AND be at all of the fun little activities.