Saturday, November 27, 2010

Friday Night Lights

My school has had a record-setting football season this year, and it's been a blast to be a part of.


On Friday night, November 19th, Danny and I decided to risk our sanity and take Ty and Lydie to their very first football game as our team played the first game of the playoffs at a nearby school. When all was said and done, it became one of my favorite nights we've ever had as a family!

We strategically sat on the very front row, right in front of the cheerleaders. I knew the cheerleaders would at least keep the little ones entertained, and the front row seats gave us a little more wiggle room. However, once hot dogs and chips were in hand, those babies were mesmerized with all the activity and didn't move a muscle until well after half-time.

Ty has now declared that he wants to be a "football man", and every time he sees football on t.v., regardless of the teams playing, he yells, "Go Raiders! Touchdown!"

He also made a new BFF with one of my students, Maria. He absolutely fell in love with her, so I think I have found myself a new babysitter! She was so sweet with him!

Lydie is definitely a cheerleader in the making. She was completely taken with the girls and their pom-poms and their megaphones. They would finish their cheers and chants, and Lydie would just clap and clap.

It was such a fun night! We can't wait to do it again!










0 comments: