Last weekend ended with a very sick baby girl, and the new week began with a morning trip to the pediatrician's office. Unfortunately, the visit boiled down to a diagnosis of "it's a virus", and we were sent on our way.
Monday night, Lydie and I didn't sleep at all, and Danny barely slept. Tuesday night, the three of us were up almost all night experiencing the screaming tantrum of pain that never seemed to end. It was a horrendous couple of days, and, needless to say, we were tired.
Wednesday morning, I loaded up the crew for another trip to the doctor. This time, poor Lydie's left ear was totally infected, and the right one was showing signs of heading that direction. I hated that she felt terrible, but I was relieved to know what was wrong and be able head home with some amoxicillan and ear drops in hand. There's just power in knowing, you know?
The medicine did wonders for our girl, and, although she wasn't back to 100%, she was up for a quick trip to the mall on Thursday to visit with my dear friend, Margaret, from high school.
It was an absolute treat to be able to visit with Margaret because I hadn't seen her since my wedding seven summers ago. In that time, she's had three beautiful children that I had never met, so seeing their sweet faces was a delight. We seemed to talk in between moments of wrangling children, so I felt like I really didn't get to catch up with her as much as I would have liked, but hugging her neck was so worth it.
Nothing like an old friend.
Thursday night, Mama Janet and Papa Joe came into town to give us some extra hands while we finish up the last few details in our home decorating projects. It's been such a blessing to have them here, even if Papa Joe did walk into our house carrying a gallon of figs (yucky!).
Other BIG things happened at the end of the week that I'll write about later, but, right now, my husband is calling me to help him hang the last picture in one of our hallways. Our work never seems to be done--Praise the Lord!!
Saturday, August 7, 2010
This Week's Happenings...
Posted by The Watsons at 11:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Wow! Margaret has 3 kids???? And the oldest twins?
Can't wait to see the good news in writing!
Margaret does look great. And so do YOU!
Glad Miss Lydia is better now. I so agree with you that there is comfort in knowing what is wrong with them though.
Post a Comment