Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dolphin Hunting with the Petersons

There is nothing I enjoy more than visiting with old friends. Especially old friends like the Petersons. We go waaaaay back.

It was an absolute spirit-lifter to have Jason, Joy, Addie, and Connor with us last week. I just wish they could have stayed the rest of the summer.

One of our fun, touristy excursions was a dolphin cruise. We thought the early morning cruise would be best for our schedules and for dolphin sighting. When we found out that the early cruise was half-price, we were doubly excited about our choice.

Half-price, we discovered, translates to how many dolphins you are able to see. Those boaters must not have tipped well the day before because those dolphins could have cared less about putting on a show for us.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed being on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico because it's not something I've done before. I see boats every day here in Florida, but I'd never had the opportunity to go out on one myself. It was a bit stomach-churning for this old gal, but it was a blast.

Who knew that Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, and John Grisham all have homes here in Destin??? Very cool, I think.

The two hour ride was more than enough for our young crew, and we spent the rest of the day having a delicious meal at Harry T's and hanging out on the Santa Rosa Sound.

If only every day were like this one...




























It's Red Snapper season right now, and I was enthralled watching this man prepare the giant fish for eating. Fascinating.

0 comments: