Even though Joy sent me an invitation to Connor's 2nd birthday party via email AND snail mail, it wasn't until about three days before the party that I realized it was being held at Joy's parents' house rather than in Rome where they live. Since I had never been able to attend any of Addie or Connor's parties, I decided the long Memorial Day weekend was the perfect time for a little road trip to Georgia.
Mind you, this road trip began at 6:30 p.m. on Friday night after I'd been at work all day. To say I was exhausted before we'd even started was an understatement. But, alas, we forged ahead.
We were very thankful that Noni and Poppy were in Albany for the weekend because we made a pit stop for the night at their "house on wheels." There was no way I could have made it all the way to Milledgeville as tired as I was, and it was beginning to storm anyway. It's always amazing how God puts folks right where you need them, when you need them.
The kids had so much fun seeing Noni and Poppy, and they were well-rested and delightful on the trip to Connor's party. At the party, they played hard, and their tiredness was quick to set in again. We had to call it quits a bit early, but we needed to get to Mamama and Papa Joe's house before something embarrassing happened. I could just tell we were on that path.
We spent the rest of the weekend visiting with folks here and there, and, before we knew it, it was time to hit the road again. We made use of Noni and Poppy as a pit stop again, so we were able to stretch our legs, feed some ducks, eat some lunch, change diapers, and get back on the highway. Our blessings abounded the whole weekend.
It was a quick, and, at times, hectic weekend trip, but it was well worth it to see some familiar faces and spend some time with loved ones. It was just the pick-me-up we needed.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Last Minute Trip to Georgia
Posted by The Watsons at 5:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
We are still incredibly happy that y'all made the LONG trip up to McIntyre! It was so good to hug your neck, see those babies and hang out and chat downtown! You are an amazing friend and an awesome "Aunt Jenn" to my babies! They adore you almost as much as I do : )
Post a Comment